Replicated SDK Release Notes
Released on September 19, 2023
- Fixes an issue where the
replicatedPod/API failed to come up due to the inability to generate status informers if the application contains empty YAML documents, or documents that only have comments.
Released on September 15, 2023
- The custom metrics API no longer requires authorization header.
Released on September 7, 2023
Renames the SDK's Kubernetes resources and the library SDK chart from
replicated to better align with standard SDK naming conventions.
replicated-sdk naming convention is still supported and existing integrations can continue to use
replicated-sdk as the name of the SDK Kubernetes resources and SDK chart name. However, Replicated recommends that new integrations use the
replicated naming convention.
To update the naming convention of an existing integration from
replicated, do the following before you upgrade to 1.0.0-beta.6 to avoid breaking changes:
Update the dependencies entry for the SDK in the parent chart:
- name: replicated
Update any requests to the SDK service in the cluster to use
Update any automation that references the installation command for integration mode to
helm install replicated oci://registry.replicated.com/library/replicated --version 1.0.0-beta.6.
If the SDK's values are modified in the
values.yamlfile of the parent chart, change the field name for the SDK subchart in the
Change the field name of any values that are provided at runtime to the SDK from
replicated. For example,
For more information, see About the Replicated SDK.
Released on September 1, 2023
- Adds support for sending custom application metrics via the
- Adds support for installing the Helm chart via
kubectl applythe generated manifests. Limitations to installing with this approach include:
Released on August 17, 2023
- Adds support for OpenShift clusters.
- Application updates returned by the
/api/v1/app/updatesendpoint show in order from newest to oldest.
Released on August 11, 2023
- Fixes an issue where generating a support bundle failed when using the Replicated SDK support bundle Secret in the Helm chart. The failure occurred due to a syntax issue where the
selectorfield expected an array of strings instead of a map.
Released on August 4, 2023
- Includes the application status as part of the /app/info endpoint response.
- The replicated-sdk image is now built using a distroless base image from Chainguard, which significantly reduces the overall size and attack surface.
Released on July 28, 2023
- Renames the SDK's Kubernetes resources and the library SDK chart from
replicated-sdkto distinguish them from other replicated components.